Last post of the year, and I’ve just looked back to see when I first started this odd hobby. It’s been over five years. That’s amazing to me. Five years! The downtown skyline was completely different then! There were no scooters! Was there even P. Terry’s?
During that time, I’ve posted about a few different topics aside from the roundups. There was the family dinner/meal planning scoring. There was a while where I tried to follow keeping up with shopping frugally AND organically. For a short time, I had a weekly post about the goofiest thing at Trader Joe’s.
For now, I seem to be able to manage the weekly round-up and not much else. I do snap a lot of photos in grocery stores: random deals and things that strike me as funny. I may work on posting these on Instagram, which seems to be where most food bloggers are, as my ongoing hatred of unit pricing inconsistency doesn’t need more blog posts.
Or maybe it does. We shall see what 2020 brings. I hope it finds and keeps you well, Cheepsters! Here’s the list:
- xl grapefruit or navel oranges 88c/lb
- boneless center pork loin chops, family pk. $2.49/lb
- HEB frozen mixed fruit, 5lbs. $9.98/ea
- Hass avocados 33c/ea
- organic carrots, 5lbs $2.98/ea
- organic Fuji or Gala apples $1.50/lb
- Ambrosia, Gala, Fuji apples 98c/lb
- organic celery $1.48/ea
- bulk nut butter, dried fruit, or honey 35% off
- small avocados 33c/ea
- limes 99c/12
- round mango 50c/ea (round? sure)
- Fiesta vegetable oil, 48oz $1.47/ea
- Fiesta long-grain rice, 4lbs. $1.88/ea
- Fiesta pinto beans, 1lb 69c/ea
- country pork ribs, family pack $1.47/lb
- red seedless grapes 97c/lb
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, value pack 97c/lb
- chicken drumsticks, large bag 37c/lb (usually >10lbs)
Randalls (NOTE: these prices don’t start until THURSDAY!!!)
- red seedless grapes 99c/lb
- red, yellow, & orange bell peppers 99c/ea
- Signature Farms whole fryers, drums, thighs 69c/lb (bone-in, value pk)
- Lucerne eggs, 18-ct $1.49/ea (mix & match 4)
- Lucerne shredded or chunk cheese, 8oz. $1.59/ea (mix & match 4)
- Signature Select long-grain rice, 2lbs 99c/ea (mix & match 4)
- Chicken of the Sea chunk light tuna, 5oz. 50c/ea (limit 10)
- Signature Select pasta, 12-16oz. 50c/ea (limit 10)
Note: the mix & match means you can buy four of anything labeled as a mix & match,you do NOT have to buy four of the same thing.
One last, if you wanted to get someone a small gift, these flowerpots from Randalls might be nice. It’s sweet, and inexpensive if you have someone you’d like to cheer for the start of the year!
Links to the weekly ads: