I dread and love this post. I get to recap goals I set just a few days ago. It’s a chance to evaluate how I’m doing on things that are important to me.
Let’s be happy you’re not on the list of things that are unimportant to me.
This week, I did somewhat follow the plan, but the nature of life with kids of varying ages and two adults working odd schedules shows its toll this week, with a lot of low scoring meals.
- Mon: chicken fried rice, egg drop soup, steamed spinach, carrots and ranch, apples
- Tue: leftover ziti, caesar salad, celery and carrot sticks, cuties
- Wed: baked fish, potatoes, peas, salad
- Thur: Taco Thursday! quesadillas, beans, lettuce/tomato/cheese/sour cream, berries
- Fri: potato soup, homemade bread, fruit & veg
- Mon: chicken fried rice, egg drop soup, steamed spinach, pomegranate seeds. two kids ate sandwiches instead. Score: 1.5. -0.5 for sandwiches and no deduction for DH not showing because he didn’t feel well. That is beyond Cheepie’s control, especially if he won’t eat vegetables.
- Tue: leftover ziti, leftover meatballs, caesar salad. caesar with leftover chicken. We didn’t eat together, but that’s what 4/5 people ate. Score: 1.5 points.
- Wed: kid event. meant to cook, didn’t, Eldest and DH ate out. Others ate sandwiches and cereal. Score: 0 points.
- Thur: Nursery supper: fishsticks, apples, carrots, salad. Meeting for adults. Score: 0 points.
- Fri: Taco Friday! We made tortillas, and had a lot of fixings. All the people home ate this, but not together. Score: 1 point.
That sums up to a rockin’ 4.0 points! That’s a new low! I’m incredibly bad at this!
I can’t believe I’m not improving even when I plan to be awful. I thought this weeks plan accommodated our activities, and it didn’t. I also thought it would work when I wasn’t there, and that didn’t happen.
This is an Internet Accountability Plan. What do you think I could do differently? Do you think my ‘meat, veg, raw veg, fruit, grain’ plan is not something I can do on a daily basis? At this point I’ve learned I need to work with our actual life better when planning meals, but I’m not sure how to do that, and have us all at the table. Having us all there is really not happening at all, despite our 7pm dinner time. DH isn’t home then, often, and Eldest has other priorities. Do I pull rank? I’m considering. We’ll see how the next month goes.