It’s Spring Break, so we’ve got lots of family time this week. Possibly, we’ll even consider eating at the dining room table. Right now it’s got a typewriter and an art project on it, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be moved for possible togetherness.
- Mon: bratwurst, baked potatoes, grapes, watermelon, carrots
- Tues: corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, fruit
- Wed: Prince Spaghetti Day! pasta with beans and sausage, spinach salad, fruit + veg
- Thurs: dumplings, egg drop soup, pork fried rice, fruit + veg
- Fri: fried halibut, coleslaw, hush puppies, fruit + veg
This is a week of meals I like. On Thursday, Boy can help with chopping and cooking the rice, and on Friday, Tiny will be able to help bread fish and slice cabbage with the mandolin. We’ve got St. Patrick’s Day covered, and a new dish for Wednesday.
Typing that put John Bender’s lunchtime comment to Brian in The Breakfast Club in my head:
“PB & J with the crusts cut off… Well, Brian, this is a very nutritious lunch; all the food groups are represented. “
Which isn’t the worst thing that could happen. I could still have All About That Bass stuck in my head!