This week I am really trying to work out of the pantry and freezer because I’ve got a quarter of a cow showing up here soon and need the freezer space and my pantry is a shambles. Boy was recently pondering our storage possibilities and told me he thought we could toss the entire pantry because ‘it’s full of stuff we never eat, so let’s put other stuff there’.
Sure. Let’s do that. Lego with marinara will surely work out.
This week’s plan, barring remodeling:
- Mon: sandwiches,leftovers, and white beans with escarole and Italian sausage
- Tues: chicken pot pie, fruit and garden salad
- Wed: bbq chicken mac and cheese, fruit & veg
- Thurs: baked deviled eggs, garden salad, grits
- Fri: Taco Tuesday on Freedom Friday. My kids swear this is funny. I don’t get it.
Things I’m using that are on sale are the Italian sausage, chicken thighs for the pot pie, lettuce and tomatoes for the salad, and the eggs are Easter eggs that the kids can finally start to part with. Yes, we’re weirdos that eat the dyed eggs because we can.
That’s how Cheepie rolls. Let me know how you’re rolling this week!