It’s certainly Turkey Time, y’all. At the end, I’ve listed this ad week’s turkey deals. I always get one to make now and one for the freezer. Sometimes I get one extra because I love turkey. I have an old cookbook called Simple Fare that was the first cookbook I bought for myself that had a section called ‘Dine a Dozen on a Shoestring’ and the basis for the meal was a turkey. I still agree with the author that a turkey is an excellent way to feed a crowd, despite turning more often to a pork shoulder these days.
Remember, getting those ‘free’ turkeys in reasonable sizes is a trick. People like me are stocking up and the middle-of-the-road sizes that fit in an ordinary roasting pan. Stopping by the butcher counter to ask when they restock can give you a fighting chance.
- avocados 50c/ea
- green bell peppers 50c/ea
- organic red seedless grapes $1.98/lb
- organic Gala or Fuji apples, 2lbs $2.98/ea
- russet potatoes, 5lb $1.88/ea
- bulk spices 35% off
- organic bulk coffee $7.99/lb
- Autumn Glory or Smitten apples 97c/lb
- Boston Butt pork roast $1/lb
- HCF bone-in split chicken breasts $1/lb
- Hass avocados, 6ct bag $2.94/ea
- boneless skinless chicken breasts $1.69/ea
- red, yellow, or orange bell peppers 99c/ea
- Barilla pasta, 12-16oz. 88c/ea (buy 4, mix & match)
- Lucerne cream cheese, 8oz. 88c/ea (buy 4, mix & match)
- granulated sugar, 4lbs. 99c/ea (until Monday, limit 2)
- all-purpose flour, 5lbs. 99c/ea (until Monday, limit 2)
- avocados, small 5/97c (note, these often have large pits)
- white onions 29c/lb
organic fresh turkeys $2.99/lb (limit 4)
fresh whole turkeys $1.49/lb
Jennie-O frozen turkey, 10-20lbs. 47c/lb
Free frozen 12lb RiverSide turkey (up to 12lbs) when you buy a HEB Half/Whole ham, or spiral sliced ham. They will also credit 12lbs toward a larger turkey.
Butterball frozen turkeys 99c/lb
Free frozen turkey with $100 purchase. With a $25 purchase, turkey is 49c/lb. The price of turkey doesn’t count toward total, limit 1.
- HEB: more grackle less grackle
- Central Market
- Trader Joes
- Whole Foods