This week hit a new snag–I didn’t keep track of dinners. I’m going to go ahead and blame Daylight Savings Time, because that was popular this week.
So this is me, trying to reconstruct our week from memory. Given I forgot and left a kid at a dance class this week, we’ll have to hope for the best here (and be grateful to kind people who are understanding when you are late to pick up a kid).
This was the plan, which I helpfully copied from the Sunday Night Goal Post:
- Mon: pork fried rice, stir-fried cabbage, berries, tomato salad.
- Tue: Election Returns Night! Crockpot chicken, homemade bread, caesar salad.
- Wed: take out!
- Thur: baked ziti, spinach salad, apples
- Fri: salmon, couscous, chopped salad, fruit.
And this is the actual, reconstructed from my noggin:
- Mon: pork fried rice, stir-fried cabbage and apples, berries, tomato salad, green salad. 7:15pm. 5 people. Score: 2 points.
- Tue: Taco Tuesday! crockpot chicken, tortillas, shredded cheese, refried beans, caesar salad, berries, cucumbers. 5 people. Score: 2 points.
- Wed: night out together. 5 people. Score: 2 points.
- Thur: meant it to be leftovers, people wound up eating out, separately. Score: 0 points.
- Fri: Pizza Night. 6:30pm. 4 people. Score: 0.5 points.
What we have here is a Wednesday Night breakdown, but on Thursday. For three days I followed the plan, and then it went kerflooey, right down the tubes. Not only were we not eating together, but we spent money eating out separately!
I wonder if I didn’t follow the plan on Monday would the entire week go off the rails, or would I recover mid-week? I’m sure we’ll see sometime soon.
Thursday was a kid-event that had Tiny and I out of the house from 6-8pm. I’d tried to encourage leftovers, but Family Dinner doesn’t happen if Mom isn’t there, and the lure of Tex-Mex held sway.
I had a plan on Friday, but pizza won. Sometimes, you just have to let pizza win and watch some tv, and that’s what I did. If we’d all sat at the table to eat it, or even eaten in the same room, I’d have given myself a whole point. As it was, we were all looking at different screens and I’m giving myself the half-point for just all interacting while getting pizza out of the box.
This week tied last week. I’m now really wondering if a 10 is possible for us. I also wonder what our scores were before I was making an effort. My guess is a 4 or so.
- Score: 6.5 /10
- Plan followed?: 3/5
- Effort?: medium. 50%.
Look for the Weekly Dinner Plan post tomorrow! Cheep Cheep!
P.S. The text editor really, really didn’t want me to publish this post with the word kerflooey. Which is ridiculous, everyone knows what that word means. So I tried to look it up in the dictionary, and it isn’t there. I disagree with Mr. Dictionary on this matter.
What is there? Kerchoo. You’ll be happy to know that kerchoo means ‘ahchoo’. Not kidding even a little. Thanks, Dictionary!