Twenty weeks of the Internet Dinner Accountability Plan! It’s been adapted quite a bit, but I think having the weekly plan laid out helps me feel like I’ve got a grip on dinner time and is keeping us from eating out quite so much.
I do plan to get better at indicating the sale items I’m using each week–after all the point of Cheepie is to get you those deals, and then have you eat them, not hide them in the freezer or find them moldy in the crisper later. This week the pork and chicken were from sales, and the watermelon was from last week’s sale.
- Mon: pork blade steak, macaroni and cheese, watermelon, green beans
- Tues: Taco Tuesday!
- Wed: Prince Spaghetti Day!
- Thurs: night out
- Fri: stir-fry beef, rice, egg drop soup
The real-life meals that happened:
- Mon: spot on. 3 points.
- Tues: leftover pork, grilled chicken, beans & rice, tortillas, cheese, lettuce & tomato, carrot sticks and cucumbers. 3 points.
- Wed: stir fry beef, rice, salad, peaches, snap peas and carrots. 2 points.
- Thurs: Dinner at the OG (Olive Garden). 2 points.
- Fri: Refrigerator buffet, featuring OG leftovers. 1 point.
11 points! Another solid B of a week! I’m happy.
Things went mostly according to plan, though I still haven’t gotten the egg drop soup I’ve been wanting to make. Now it’s practically summer, so I’ll likely just switch to listing gazpacho every week. I love me all kinds of soup, but with the family not as big of fans as I am it’s a hard sell, despite it being my favorite frugal food ever. Maybe this summer I win them over? We’ll see if tomatoes from the garden can be the turning point.